Chocolate Cake with Blackberry Frosting!
Difficulty: ★☆☆☆☆ (Very Easy)
Yield: 12 Large Slices
For the Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ c all-purpose flour
- ¾ c cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ c vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup seedless blackberry jam
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
For the Cake:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- Beat butter and jam with electric mixer with paddle attachment. Cream until well incorporated, bout two minutes.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
- To assemble a layered cake, cut in two however you like. Spread a layer of blackberry jam along bottom layer. Place the second layer on top. Decorate with blackberry buttercream frosting.